This sweet Moscato is still, you’ll find no bubbles in our bottle. Fruity aromatics lead to a melon and pair finish.
In 1805, the United States Congress made the village of Buffalo a port of entry to the US. Lake Erie’s convergence with the Niagara River was recognized for its strategic location. Unfortunately, any light house building or land acquisition was postponed by a little skirmish we like to call the War of 1812. The Buffalo Main Lighthouse was finally completed in 1833 and remained actively lit until 1914. While no longer in operation, preserving this light is critical as it is presently recorded as Buffalo’s oldest building still standing on its original foundation.
In addition to Buffalo Main Light, a squared structure stands just to the left in the image on the bottle. While it was torn down some time ago, this structure also served as a lookout tower. “The old stone tower was slated to double as a life-saving station lookout tower, but instead a wooden structure was built on a pier west of the old lighthouse to perform this important function. The new tower was dubbed the “Chinaman’s Light” as its roof resembled a Chinese coolie’s hat and because it was also used to keep an eye out for illegal Chinese immigrants crossing over the Niagara River from Canada. When this structure was torn down, the nickname was transferred to the old Buffalo Main Lighthouse.” –Lighthousefriends.com