Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Cabernet Franc are an excellent combination for a perfectly balanced red blend. The result has soft tannins and a fruity yet elegant flavor.
In 1893 the Erie County Savings Bank opened a 10-story headquarters. The castle-like structure designed by George B. Post was created in the Romanesque Revival architectural style. During construction, Thomas Edison was the consulting engineer for electrical installation.
Though the building was torn down in 1968, the Lion statues which once were located atop the building’s main entrance pillars are now located on the Buffalo State College campus.
“The bank was a glorious castle-like building sitting prominently on Shelton Square at Main and Niagara Streets until it was demolished to make way for the Main Place Mall and a new Erie County Savings Bank office tower. It is one of Buffalo’s most lamented losses. It was demolished at a time of vigorous “urban renewal” in which the goal was to seemingly remove every trace of the historic city of Buffalo. The old bank building in pictures was dark and hulking. It was rendered in the Richardson Romanesque style, with heavily rusticated blocks of pinkish granite trimmed by delicate carvings. Its years of accumulated soot cast a quite dramatic contrast to the gleaming white One M&T Plaza, just across the street, which was completed just before the demolition of the Erie Savings was started.” – David Steele, “Erie County Savings” on Buffalo Rising, Jan. 30, 2017